Have you ever wondered when the best time to visit Legoland is? Are you curious about the park’s operating hours, or perhaps you’re trying to plan your day around the opening and closing times? Look no further! This article will provide you with all the information you need to make the most of your Legoland adventure, including the Legoland hours of operation, special events, and ticket prices.
Table of Contents
- Legoland Hours of Operation
- Tips for Visiting Legoland
- Special Events at Legoland
- Ticket Prices and Discounts
Legoland Hours of Operation: When to Go
The first thing to consider when planning your visit to Legoland is the park’s hours of operation. The park is typically open daily from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm, but the hours may vary depending on the time of year and any special events. It’s always a good idea to check the official Legoland website for the most up-to-date information.
During peak season (summer and weekends), the park may be open later, until 7:00 pm or even 9:00 pm. These extended hours offer more time to enjoy the rides, shows, and attractions, as well as a chance to experience the park in a different light. During the holiday season, Legoland offers special events and hours, such as Brick-or-Treat during Halloween and Holidays at Legoland during the winter holidays.
Ride Wait Times
Another factor to consider when planning your visit is ride wait times. Generally, the wait times are shorter during the early morning and late afternoon, as most guests tend to arrive around midday. To beat the crowds, consider arriving when the park opens and taking a break during the peak hours. Alternatively, you can purchase a Reserve ‘n’ Ride pass, which allows you to reserve a spot in line for popular rides and attractions.
As mentioned earlier, Legoland offers special events throughout the year, which may affect the park’s hours of operation. Some of these events include:
- Brick-or-Treat (October)
- Holidays at Legoland (November and December)
- Star Wars Days (May)
- LEGO Ninjago Days (June)
Tips for Visiting Legoland: Making the Most of Your Day
To make the most of your Legoland experience, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Arrive early: Aim to arrive when the park opens to take advantage of shorter wait times and cooler temperatures.
- Wear comfortable shoes: You’ll be doing a lot of walking, so make sure to wear shoes that won’t hurt your feet.
- Bring sunscreen: Protect yourself from the sun with sunscreen, hats, and sunglasses.
- Stay hydrated: Bring a reusable water bottle and refill it throughout the day.
- Pack snacks: While there are plenty of food options at Legoland, packing your own snacks can save you time and money.
- Use the map: Familiarize yourself with the park layout and plan your route ahead of time.
- Take breaks: Schedule breaks throughout the day to rest and recharge.
- Use the Ride Swap: If you have young children who can’t ride certain rides, take advantage of the Ride Swap program, which allows one parent to wait with the child while the other parent rides, and then switch places without having to wait in line again.
- Use the Parent Swap: Similar to the Ride Swap, the Parent Swap allows parents to take turns riding while the other parent waits with the child. However, the Parent Swap also allows the waiting parent to bring a non-riding sibling on the ride with them.
Special Events at Legoland: More Than Just Rides
Aside from the rides and attractions, Legoland offers a variety of special events throughout the year. From holiday celebrations to themed weekends, there’s always something new to experience. Here are some of the park’s most popular events:
- Brick-or-Treat: This Halloween-themed event takes place every Saturday in October and features trick-or-treating, live entertainment, and spooky decorations. Don’t forget to wear your costume!
- Holidays at Legoland: Experience the magic of the holiday season with festive decorations, live entertainment, and special activities. Meet Santa and his elves, enjoy snowfall in Miniland U.S.A., and watch the Holiday Light Show.
- Star Wars Days: Fans of the galaxy far, far away can enjoy a variety of Star Wars-themed activities, including meet-and-greets with characters, a Jedi Training Academy, and a Star Wars-themed scavenger hunt.
- LEGO Ninjago Days: Join the ninjas of LEGO Ninjago for a day of ninja-themed activities, including a scavenger hunt, meet-and-greets, and a live show.
Ticket Prices and Discounts: Save Money on Your Legoland Visit
Planning a trip to Legoland can be expensive, but there are ways to save money on your visit. Here are some tips for finding discounted tickets:
- Visit during the off-season: Ticket prices tend to be lower during the off-season, which runs from January to March and September to November.
- Purchase tickets in advance: Buying your tickets online in advance can save you money, as well as time at the gate.
- Buy multi-day tickets: If you plan on visiting Legoland for more than one day, consider buying a multi-day ticket. These tickets offer a discounted rate for multiple days and can save you money in the long run.
- Look for coupons and promotions: Legoland often offers discounts and promotions, such as coupons for local hotels, restaurants, and attractions. Be sure to check the park’s website and social media channels for the latest offers.
- Military discounts: Active-duty military personnel and their families can receive discounted tickets by showing their military ID at the gate. Additionally, Legoland offers free admission to military personnel on select dates.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Legoland hours of operation?
Legoland is typically open daily from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm, but the hours may vary depending on the time of year and any special events. It’s always a good idea to check the official Legoland website for the most up-to-date information.
When is the best time to visit Legoland?
The best time to visit Legoland is during the off-season, which runs from January to March and September to November. During these months, the park is less crowded, and ticket prices are lower. Additionally, aim to arrive when the park opens to take advantage of shorter wait times and cooler temperatures.
What should I wear to Legoland?
Comfortable shoes are a must, as you’ll be doing a lot of walking. Additionally, bring sunscreen, hats, and sunglasses to protect yourself from the sun. Dress in layers, as the temperature can vary throughout the day.
Can I bring food into Legoland?
Yes, you can bring food and non-alcoholic beverages into Legoland. However, glass containers and alcohol are not permitted. Additionally, there are strict rules regarding coolers and outside beverages, so be sure to check the park’s website for the most up-to-date information.
Is there a dress code at Legoland?
Yes, Legoland has a dress code that prohibits clothing with offensive language or graphics, as well as swimwear and costumes. Be sure to check the park’s website for the most up-to-date information.
What is the Reserve ‘n’ Ride program?
The Reserve ‘n’ Ride program is a virtual queuing system that allows you to reserve a spot in line for popular rides and attractions. This can save you time and help you avoid long wait times.
What is the Ride Swap program?
The Ride Swap program allows parents to take turns riding rides while the other parent waits with a young child who cannot ride. This allows both parents to enjoy the ride without having to wait in line twice.
What is the Parent Swap program?
The Parent Swap program is similar to the Ride Swap, but it also allows the waiting parent to bring a non-riding sibling on the ride with them. This can be a great option for families with children of different ages.
What are the most popular rides at Legoland?
Some of the most popular rides at Legoland include the Dragon Coaster, Ninjago The Ride, and the Lego Technic Coaster. These rides tend to have longer wait times, so be sure to plan accordingly.
How can I save money on my Legoland visit?
There are several ways to save money on your Legoland visit, including purchasing tickets in advance, buying multi-day tickets, looking for coupons and promotions, and taking advantage of military discounts. Additionally, visiting during the off-season and arriving when the park opens can help you save money and avoid crowds.